Psalm 45:11-Let the king be enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.

Hello and welcome to the world that is Miss Dress Up. I'm a follower of Jesus, a Wife, Mother, YouTuber, Blogger, Facebooker and lastly but not least(ly) a make up artist in the making. Helping someone feel good about themselves,inside and out, makes me happy and I want to do that to the best of my ability. I make it a point to learn more everyday about the field of make up artistry through YouTube videos, books, magazines, other websites and anything else I can get involved in. This is an adventure I've always wanted to go on and at the ripe old age of 39 I am finally able to do that. So if you want to walk with me as I learn and grow and help others do the same you are officially invited by me right now!

Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Rev up your natural/neutral look FAST

Konnichiwa!  (that means Hello in Japanese)  I'm glad you're here.  I have filmed and uploaded sort of a "part two" to the neutral/natural look I filmed a few days ago.  Have you ever heard your Husband/Boyfriend say "hey honey, let's go out for dinner!" on one of those days when you've done the bare minimum with your hair and make up not to mention your "outfit" is anything but an outfit?  And of course he's already on his way home from work and has been as such for the past 20 minutes...uh oh.
Or how about at the last minute, when you thought you were just staying in for the umpteenth night in a row, putting the kids to bed and hoping to find a little entertainment with a netflix movie?    Needless to say you're probably looking anything but cute and BAM, your friend texts and says "HEY, I have a babysitter for you and I wanna take you out for sushi. I'll be there in 30 minutes!"  WHAT! you say.  My hair is standing on end, I have eyeliner smeared under my eyes and I'm wearing polka dot jammy pants and my silk shirt from work today.  I can't go anywhere!  Yes, yes you can.  And this video will help you with at least your make up, your hair and clothes....well, you're on your own there.  He he he.
In the video I start off wearing a minimal amount of make up, something you might wear just on a daily basis while running errands and whatnot.  Or it's just your daily, natural look.  Then we take it up a notch to a look that's more suitable for going out to dinner or to church or just anytime you want to wear "a little something more".  And we do it quickly.  It's a little slower in the video than it actually takes of course because I'm talking to you and stopping to show you things.  But in real life this "revving" would take me about 5 minutes.  So go ahead, go for sushi!  Tell your Husband/Boyfriend "SURE, we can go out honey!"  because you've got the quick fix for that dead or just not too exciting make up.
Here is what I used in the video:
Eyes-
Mac 217 brush for the crease color
Matte dark brown color in the E.L.F Beauty Encyclopedia Neutral's Edition palette (Target, $5) in the crease and under the eye. Eco Tools smudger brush for under the eye.
Covergirl Outlast Smoothwear All Day Eyeliner in Onyx
L'oreal Voluminous mascara in Carbon Black

Brows-NYC Browser in Brunette

Cheeks-
Motives Shape and Sculpt Duo (it doesn't have a "color" on it) to contour
Mac Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle for highlighting (a good dupe for this is by Hard Candy, you can get that brand at Walmart and they have a powder that looks almost exactly like this one I showed you in the video)
Blush (already on from previous video) was Laura Gellar Blush-N-Brighten in Pink Grapefruit on the apples of the cheeks

Lips-
Revlon Velvet Chrome lipstick in Garnet Chrome-if you have a problem with your lipstick feathering outside your lip line you can use a lip liner in the same shade as your lipstick or the same color as your natural lip color to help build a barrier to keep your lipstick in the lines)

I am very sorry that I don't have any still shots of either, I don't know what took over my brain.  I completely forgot to take pictures!  Please forgive me, I'll remember next time.  If you have any questions at all please leave me a comment and I'll do my best to help.  Have fun!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment