Psalm 45:11-Let the king be enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.

Hello and welcome to the world that is Miss Dress Up. I'm a follower of Jesus, a Wife, Mother, YouTuber, Blogger, Facebooker and lastly but not least(ly) a make up artist in the making. Helping someone feel good about themselves,inside and out, makes me happy and I want to do that to the best of my ability. I make it a point to learn more everyday about the field of make up artistry through YouTube videos, books, magazines, other websites and anything else I can get involved in. This is an adventure I've always wanted to go on and at the ripe old age of 39 I am finally able to do that. So if you want to walk with me as I learn and grow and help others do the same you are officially invited by me right now!

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Straight, flat, frizz free, FANTASTIC!

Hello and get ready to be WOW'D!!!!!!  My Daughter and I are "flat out" amazed at this hair straightener.  You see..we've been using a $35 one for over a year now.  It snags our hair, doesn't actually straighten it and leaves behind a mountain of frizz.  So when we got this one we both decided that pin straight was the style for us!  (that may change next week of course but for now it's the do of choice)
Here's the lovely I'm talking about, isn't she cute?:
Ours is purple but they have two other colors, black and blue. The other styles of straighteners they sell come in more colors including but not limited too zebra print.  The "recommended retail price" on the box is $250.  The website (www.herstyler.com) sells it for $170 (it's the Superstyler if you're looking it up) but I found it on Amazon for $149 (  http://www.amazon.com/Herstyler-SuperStyler-PURPLE-Ceramic-Styler/dp/B004PWIZ0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1300373068&sr=8-1).  I know in the video I said $80.99 but that was a different Herstyler.  They have several styles that are less expensive than the superstyler.  I can't give you a review on those though, I'm sorry.

Here's the specs on the Superstyler from their website:


The Superstyler is our latest HerStyler addition to the hair straightening revolution.
Onyx ceramic plates guarantee smooth straightening motion without pulling or breaking of hair.
Hair becomes up to 3 times smoother and silkier than when using ordinary ceramic iron.
True ceramic plates generate 6 times more negative ions than regular ceramic irons.
Cut your hair straightening time in half thanks to a high concentration of negative ions.
Negative ions renew hair with softness and shine, while eliminating frizz.
Ultra lightweight: the body is made of lightweight, high-strength composite materials that are commonly used in the aerospace industry.
Faster heat up time than conventional coil straightening irons.  It will rise to the desired temperature in less than 25 seconds, saving electricity and prolonging the straightener’s lifespan.  
The Superstyler has a built in ON/OFF switch and temperature control dial keeping temperature under your control.
1.5” ceramic plates that reach a max temperature of 500 degrees Fahrenheit and an ergonomic design that is easier to handle – Designed in Italy with American technology
Includes safety Glove and Matt for ease and protection
Free shipping and handling
Available in three colors (black, blue and purple)



And apparently if you buy it from them you get a FREE one year warranty to where mine only came with a 90 day.   Which is still better than nothing and considering I only paid $13 for it I think that's good.  If I had paid $170 or even $149 I would want AT LEAST a year.  You can buy longer warranties as well.  The 2 year is $19.95 and the 3 year is $34.95.  Not bad to make sure such an investment is protected, right!?  That's a lot better than paying another $170 to get another straightener that works as beautifully as this one!  


So..here's the demo.  Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUA8jZKoWyM

2 comments:

  1. This looks like my flat iron. I also love my flat iron and I have it for a while now. But I stop using it to give my hair a break. My hair is so dry and damage so I decided to not iron it so often. I really want to because it does help makes my hair look so good but I feel like their dying.=( My husband always encourages me to go to a salon and have hair re-bonding but I thought of keeping the money for another needs rather than going to a salon. I know maybe they will fix my hair but I'll think about it. Anyway I just read your post because I was so busy editing my video. It takes forever to render.. Ohh my God I really hate editing video and rendering it. Another thing is, our internet doesn't work that good. We're planning on terminating our contract to Home Channel as soon as the other network will give as a good feedback. For now we don't know yet if the other network we're going to apply for has connection here in our area. Ok so much for talking. I think I run out of space to write on. Good Job Nicole I like your review=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emafe, try using a heat protectant when you blow dry and another kind when you flat iron your hair. That really helps. Also, try putting olive oil in your hair when you wash it. So add about a tablespoon of oil into your hand with the shampoo. You can also put olive oil in your hair, wrap it in something like a small towel that you can clip together to keep it on and then sleep in it. The next morning just wash your hair like normal. You can do that once a week if you need to. It helps! I hope you can get better internet. I know it takes me about 8 hours to upload a 15 minute video and that drives me CRAZY! I also don't know how to edit them so..I need to learn soon. Thank you so much for reading my review. I am going to watch your video now. Goodnight!

    ReplyDelete