Psalm 45:11-Let the king be enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.

Hello and welcome to the world that is Miss Dress Up. I'm a follower of Jesus, a Wife, Mother, YouTuber, Blogger, Facebooker and lastly but not least(ly) a make up artist in the making. Helping someone feel good about themselves,inside and out, makes me happy and I want to do that to the best of my ability. I make it a point to learn more everyday about the field of make up artistry through YouTube videos, books, magazines, other websites and anything else I can get involved in. This is an adventure I've always wanted to go on and at the ripe old age of 39 I am finally able to do that. So if you want to walk with me as I learn and grow and help others do the same you are officially invited by me right now!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

To Shape a Brow

Well, here it is.  The requested brow tutorial.  Actually this is the first of two.  This one is about the tools you need as well as how to figure out what shape you're going for.  The next will be on how to actually get them to that shape through tweezing etc.
Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g7m7Qji_5I
The items I go over in the video are as follows:
Tweezers (mine are by Revlon)
Fill in product of your choice (I use NYC Browser Duo which is powder and wax with an angled eyeliner type brush.)
This comes in several different colors.
This one is by Lauren Luke

You can use a brow pencil, brow cream product or even just an eyeshadow in your shade.
Eyebrow Stencils-I have some by Ardell that I picked up at Sally's Beauty Supply.  I had another brand but I must've given them away..

A brow highlighting product of some sort to give you a wee little "lift" there.  I sometimes use the Anastasia brow highlighting pencil.


There are so many many things that factor into making your eyebrows look great.  This is a VERY general explanation for those who are just starting out and really don't have a clue where to begin.  One thing to remember when trying to learn how to make your eyebrows the shape you want them is they are Sisters, not twins.  Meaning they will look somewhat alike but most likely, unless you are completely drawing them on, never look exactly the same.  That's ok, it's natural.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it can be somewhat of a daunting task at first and takes a bit of practice to start getting them the way you want them.  Mine are at about stage 3 of getting to the point where I like the look of them and the shape.  Out of all the things I have learned and am studying, brows are one of the more difficult to master.  BUT they are also one of the main focal points of the face and it's very important that you do learn at least the basics of shaping and filling in.  They really do frame the face.  A lovely brow with a little bit of mascara and lip gloss can make you look more rested, put together and alive.  So together we can figure out this puzzle that are eyebrows.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment